DISHA is the acronym for “Directorate of Induction and Selection in a Holistic Approach” and this of Indian Air Force (IAF) was set up at Air Headquarters in 2005, under the aegis of the Air Officer in charge Personnel (AOP), to propagate Officers induction publicity.
The cell is the nodal point for prospects/ candidates aspiring to join the IAF and plays active role in query resolution and career guidance besides planning and execution of publicity activities through diverse stakeholders.
Activities Undertaken by DISHA
- Formulation of notification for every Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) cycle.
- Preparation of the advertisement for each AFCAT cycle for publishing in Employment News.
- Releasing Recruitment advertisements in print media (newspapers, magazines and periodicals), Electronic media (TV, Radio, & Cinema) and digital media (social media and internet).
- Outdoor publicity through hoardings across India as well as through hiring of LED/LCD panels at Airports, Bus Station, Metro Stations, Railway Stations etc.
- Conducting One-on-one interactions (both virtually as well as physically) with the target youth involving dissemination of career/ motivational lectures to the target youth.
- Conduct of Induction Publicity Exhibition Vehicle (IPEV) drives across India.
- Setting of Facilitation Cum Publicity Pavilion (FCP) at vantage locations for the benefit of the target youth.
- Procurement of customised publicity material for distribution to the target youth directly as well as through other IAF formations.