As an officer in the Technical Branch, you propel and manage your team to ensure that the Indian Air Force remains airworthy. You would be incharge of some of the most sophisticated equipment in the world by joining one of the sub branches based on your qualification.
General Eligibility for Aeronautical Engineering Branch are (applicable for men and women):
- Age - 18 to 28 years (at the time of commencement of course)
- Nationality - Indian
- Marital Status - Candidates below the age of 25 years should be unmarried
Entry into the Technical Branch is through two schemes, both via AFCAT
- UNIVERSITY ENTRY SCHEME(UES)
- For candidates studying in Pre-Final year of B-tech/BE degree course
- For men only. Grant of Permanent Commission.
- Educational Qualifications: The candidate must be currently studying in Pre-final year of BE / BTech degree course with choice of subject as mentioned above. There must be No backlog / arrears of papers of previous semesters at the time of SSB Testing. On completion of degree, minimum 60% of marks in aggregate in all papers put together are mandatory.
Advertisement Schedule: December every year (through AFCAT)
- AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING COURSE
- After completion of Engineering degree or while in your final year/semester of Engineering
- For both Men and Women. Permanent Commission (for men) / Short Service Commission (For men and women)
- Marks - Must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in all the papers put together in any one of the qualifications listed
- Final year students are eligible to apply provided they do not have any present backlog at the time of SSB testing and they produce provisional/ original degree issued by the University as per the date stipulated in the advertisement.
Advertisement Schedule - Advertisements for AFCAT are released by the IAF in the months of June and December.
Educational Qualification for Aeronautical Engineering Branch – Depending upon your stream of Engineering and subjects studied, you could join one of the sub branches of the Technical branch. Check the educational qualification required for the sub branches.